Monday, January 2, 2012

Focaccia Cake






Ingredients :

  • 300 gm All-Purpose flour. about 2 1/2 cups.
  • 200 ml water (warm) about 1 cup.
  • 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 12 gm  compressed fresh yeast .
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for the pan .
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar .
  • Kosher salt and some rosemary .

Procedure:
  • Divide your flour in two .
  • Add together oil, water, sugar and salt 
  • Put half the flour in your stand mixer and add all your  water -oil mix.
  • knead it for 3 minutes 
  • add your yeast 
  • knead for 3 minutes 
  • Add the rest of the flour and knead till elastic and homogenous ( about 5 minutes). P.s : the dough will be sticky .
  • Put your dough in a 9 inch pan ( after oiling it ) and leave it to rise for 1 hour.
  • Pat your dough till it fills the pan while adding some oil , add some kosher salt and leave it to rise for 30 minutes.
  • With the tips of your fingers make some pockets , add some  olive oil and your rosemary and some WATER ( like 2 tablespoons) .
  • preheat your oven  to (180 c), bake for 20 minutes and once you take it out of the oven ,  remove it from pan and let it cool  on a wire rack .
  • Heat it up before serving .... ENJOY.





    1 comment:

    MyFudo™ said...

    I had a movie marathon the other day and one of the movies I have watched as Under the Tuscan Sun...I so loved Dianne Lane and her character, but most of all I so loved Italy. So much that I am craving for Italian dishes, I am not talking about pasta or gelatto but I think I am craving for something more....Enter this focaccia recipe. Talk about coincidence. I talk about good food! Yummy! Thanks for posting ;)

    Post a Comment

    comments and suggestions make me happy!